RUISBURO vs. Braided SOUND: Jeremy Young/Jesse Perlstein/tba + Leonie Roessler/Sohrab Motabar
Wednesday, April 18, 21:00, € 7
Ruisburo presents a night of electroacoustic group improvisation called Braided SOUND. Organised by Jeremy Young of (Sontag Shogun), an American sonic artist and improviser living and working in Montréal, Canada.
21:30-22:30 LEONIE ROESSLER & SOHRAB MOTABAR
Glitchy soundscapes by The Hague-based duo of Sohrab Motabar (Iran,https://soundcloud.com/
22:30-23:30 ROSALY / KOKKE / ASUNA / SONTAG
Improvisation session featuring two members of ambient trio Sontag Shogun from Brooklyn, and three other international key figures of both the electroacoustic and improv scene:
* Frank Rosaly is a drummer, composer and sound designer living in Amsterdam, navigating a fine line between the vibrant improvised music, experimental, rock and jazz communities around the world.
* Jeremy Young of Sontag Shogun is an American sonic artist and composer living in Montreal. His creative work includes instrumental and electroacoustic composition for recording and live performance, reel-to-reel tape collage, sound-poetry and audio-visual scoring.
* Jesse Perlstein of Sontag Shogun is a multi-disciplinary artist born and based out of New York City. He has spent the last decade creating cross-genre works that often blend the mediums of sound, visual art, prose & room installations, focusing on the confluence between fantasy and reality and exploring their inseparable tangle.
* ASUNA is a Japanese sound artist & multi-instrumentalist. He makes installations and releases solo albums: https://sites.google.com/
* Otto Kokke is 1/2 of the Dutch free jazz/metal/noise unit Dead Neanderthals (https://
Frank Rosaly - drums | Asuna Arashi - keyboards, toys, objects | Jeremy Royal Edit Young – oscillators, tapes, piezo mic’d objects | Jesse Perlstein – voice, field recordings, electronics | Otto Kokke - baritone sax